Panama it’s a tropical country with amazing beaches and cool mountain locations, and is a great place to take up a second residence. This country is a popular and favorite destination for expats.
Here are some interesting facts about Panama.
- Panama celebrates two independence days, the first from Spain in 1821 and the second from Colombia in 1903.
- There are two seasons: the dry season from December to April and the rainy season from May to November.
- The country has the second-largest duty-free zone in the world, the Colon Free Zone. The first one is in Hong Kong.
- Panamanian constitution gives foreigners and citizens the same right to own property.
- Home to 10,000 different plants species and more than 1,500 varieties of trees.
- The Panama Canal is considered one of the seven modern World Wonders.
- The indigenous language describes the name “Panama” as “abundance of fish & butterflies”.
- Panama was the first Latin American country to adopt the U.S. dollar as its official currency.
- In Panama you can see the sun rise on the Pacific and set on the Atlantic from the same spot.
- 14 National Parks encompass approx. 3.5 million acres of rainforest, jungle, mountain ranges, marine areas, beaches and desert landscape.