Determining your housing needs before you search will help you save lots of time and frustration. After you’ve qualified for your mortgage in Panama and know what you can afford, you can then find your desired home.
Things to consider before looking at homes are location, size, style, number of bedrooms, and bathrooms. Make a list of minimum requirements (your “must haves”) along with a ‘wish list". Be clear of what is essential and necessary, and what is a preference. It is important to keep in mind your future plans and goals in upcoming years.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Should the house be close to certain schools? your job? to public transportation? hospitals? shopping?
- You prefer an apartment or a house? New or old?
- What type of lot do you prefer?
- Do you prefer an older established community, or a newer community?
- What kinds of amenities are you looking for? with a social area? a swimming pool? extra large closets?
Purchasing a property is a complex transaction and it is always important to have an experienced agency there to help guide you through the process. Real estate agents are required, however, to point out defects and should help buyers feel confident that the home selected meets the buyer's search parameters.